Step aside, caesar, there is a new salad on the market that is about to BLOW. YOUR. MIND.
If you have ever felt lost as to what to bring to an office potluck, you are not alone. The pressure to impress your coworkers with an elaborate dish while also trying to keep the price down can definitely cause some unnecessary stress. This year, ditch the fancy cheese plate that costs half your paycheck and opt for this equally impressive homemade salad that will leave your colleagues swooning.
You don’t have to tell them that you whipped up this recipe the night before the party while catching up on the latest episodes of Orange is the New Black, wine in hand. That will be our little secret.
Quinoa, Apple and Kale Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Yield: 8 servings
- 10 oz (or 1 large bag) kale
- 1 cup cooked rainbow quinoa
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 apples, diced (I used gala)
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss kale, quinoa, cranberries, walnuts and apples. Stir to combine.
- In separate small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until uniform.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and massage (yes massage!) the dressing into the salad with your hands. (This helps break down the kale so it’s not so fibrous, making for a more delicious bite.)
- Sprinkle goat cheese over the top and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!